Thursday, August 30, 2007

Praying for Fire before you pray for Rain.

I've always loved the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal. Maybe it's just me.... I find it very funny when he sits there and makes fun of their god. Can't you see him saying" Well? Where is he?" Take a look at 1Kings Ch 18
18:27 At noon Elijah mocked them, “Yell louder! After all, he is a god; he may be deep in thought, or perhaps he stepped out for a moment or has taken a trip. Perhaps he is sleeping and needs to be awakened
I went to visit a friend's church a few weeks ago and this has been on my mind ever since. Her pastor preached this message and it has really haunted me.

18:36 When it was time for the evening offering, 51 Elijah the prophet approached the altar 52 and prayed: “O Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, prove 53 today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 18:37 Answer me, O Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, O Lord, are the true God 54 and that you are winning back their allegiance.” 55 18:38 Then fire from the Lord fell from the sky. 56 It consumed the offering, the wood, the stones, and the dirt, and licked up the water in the trench. 18:39 When all the people saw this, they threw themselves down with their faces to the ground and said, “The Lord is the true God! 57 The Lord is the true God!”


18:45 Meanwhile the sky was covered with dark clouds, the wind blew, and there was a heavy rainstorm.

Think about this, the land was suffering from a drought. The last thing anyone wanted was FIRE. The people wanted RAIN. How many times have I prayed for rain in my life? Please help me with this or protect that and so on.... Too many times to count! How many times have I said " Lord, please test me and strengthen me! Send the fire in my life first because I know you will send the rain afterwards. " The next time you go through a tough time and struggle with something, just think... Is this the Lord sending me Fire before the Rain? I know I will!


I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.